Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Questions to ask the Interviewer


Interview Questions to Ask

· How would you describe the responsibilities of the position?

· How would you describe a typical week/day in this position?

· Is this a new position? If not, what did the previous employee go on to do?

· What is the company's management style?

· Who does this position report to? If I am offered the position, can I meet him/her?

· How many people work in this office/department?

· How much travel is expected?

· Is relocation a possibility?

· What is the typical work week? Is overtime expected?

· What are the prospects for growth and advancement?

· How does one advance in the company?

· Are there any examples?

· What do you like about working here?

· What don't you like about working here and what would you change?

· Would you like a list of references?

· If I am extended a job offer, how soon would you like me to start?

· What can I tell you about my qualifications?

· When can I expect to hear from you?

· Are there any other questions I can answer for you?

Interview Questions NOT to Ask

· What does this company do? (Do your research ahead of time!)

· If I get the job when can I take time off for vacation? (Wait until you get the offer to mention prior commitments)

· Can I change my schedule if I get the job? (If you need to figure out the logistics of getting to work don't mention it now...)

· Did I get the job? (Don't be impatient. They'll let you know.)

No comments: